The Operations Engineer serves as a supportive role of New Dream Inc.’s business operation. Primary responsibilities include providing technical and operational support to our engineering, operations, and management teams. This is a highly visible, external-facing role that works cross-functionally with program management, product management, engineering, and first-line technical support teams to deliver high-quality support. Essential job duties are:
- • Inventory tracking system for optimized inventory control procedures.
- • Manage cycle counts of product inventories.
- • Plan and manage store warehouse space usage.
- • Review clients’ production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods that are applied and activities that take place in sales and services.
- • Confer with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, and management personnel about sales and services capabilities.
- • Assist in the effort to continuously improve the capability and efficiency of the company’s sales and services process.
- • File claims when defective units are discovered.
- • Investigate and correct discrepancies in reported quantities and locations of all inventories.
- • Maintain strict compliance with all quality control policies and company specific guidelines.
- • Track industry trends by collecting information from vendor websites, competitor websites, and various tech blogs and/or magazines.
- • Periodically check vendor websites for new releases and research their compatibility with current products/processes.
- • Attend or watch related seminars and/or conferences with professionals and vendors.
- • Quarterly reports on predicted trends and summarize new product releases from vendors.
- • Filing claims with vendor after investigation and diagnosis into any defective items.
- • Processing customer returns after receiving returned items.
- • Work with customers to plan their ideal upgrades and keep them up to date with their orders.
- • Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or a related field.
- • A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in related fields.
- • Knowledge of product design and manufacturing.
- • Knowledge of production planning and quality management.
- • Knowledge of troubleshooting product defects.
- • Experienced in technical support to operation team and customers.
- • Experienced in engineering related software and techniques, such as MATLAB, FEM, MEMS, etc.
- • Experienced in technical report writing.
- • Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical team members.